telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

The Edge of Nowhere - Elizabeth George I love reading Elizabeth George, but this first book in a young adult series left me cold. Hannah Armstrong/Becca King is just fourteen when her mother abandons her on Whitbey Island in Washington state. While her mother arranged for her to stay with a friend, that plan falls through when Becca arrives on the day of the friend's funeral. Ooops. To complicate things, Becca has psychic abilities, hearing the thoughts of others, and the only thing that keeps that at bay is her AUD box, a device that her mother had made for her. Unfortunately, too many odd coincidences and deus ex machina events ruined this one for me, and by the end I was ready to chuck the book at the wall. Maybe the young adult audience will enjoy it, but I found it too improbable to accept. Just two stars and not recommended.

For the longer review, please go here: