telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell, #2) - Hilary Mantel Second books in a series usually falter, but this one certainly did not. This sequel to Wolf Hall chronicles the last year of Anne Boleyn and the terrible, long fall that she and her family took. Usually Thomas Cromwell is cast as the villain in the story, but here, he becomes something different, and I found it all fascinating. Those who have gotten jaded over historical fiction set in the Tudor period will find themselves renewed by this one, the history and details are right, there's plenty of poignancy and action and the climax of the novel kept me riveted. All I can say is when is the next one going to come out. Five stars overall, and very much recommended.

For the longer review, please go here: