telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

A Sudden, Fearful Death - Anne Perry This year I am determined to start working my way through Mt. TBR, that ever-growing heap of books in my life. (no, an e-reader isn't really helping much...) I kicked off the year with the fourth book in the ongoing William Monk series. Set in a hospital, a nurse is found strangled in a laundry chute, and William Monk and his somewhat adversary Hester Latterly work together to find out why it happened. Along the way, we learn about incest, rape and abortion, as well as the deplorable conditions of nineteenth century medicine. This one really dragged through the first half, but did pick up during the trial phase where it got much more interesting. Not for sensitive readers, and try not to read this if you are depressed. Three and a half stars rounded up to four, and only somewhat recommended.

For the longer review, please go here: