telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

The Queen Mother: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, Who Became Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother - Lady Colin Campbell This biography managed to enrage me as I read it, and I found it to be distasteful in the extreme. The claims made by Lady Colin about the Queen Mother's life aren't just extreme, they're sensationalism of the worst sort, and with every chance, the author tries to depict this woman as greedy, selfish, lying and manipulative, presenting a picture that is very different than the one that is usually shown. Lack of reputable sources, relying mostly on the Duke and Duchess of Windsor (of whom it can be said that they are not exactly friendly to the late Queen Mother) for most of the claims. It's all so at odds to what is generally known about the queen mother that I found it laughable and irritating. All I can guess is that Lady Colin Campbell was snubbed at some time by a Windsor and writing this trash was her way of getting even. Only two stars and not at all recommended.

For the longer review, please go here: