telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett Wow, this one was a great read and just hit the spot for me. Nanny Ogg, Granny Weatherwax and Magrat return when a fellow witch leaves her magic wand of fairy godmotherness to Magrat. The three set off to far off Genua, surely the happiest place on the Discworld, to save Emberella and prevent her from marrying the prince. Along the way there are cardsharps, wolves, and other fractured stories that you think you know from childhood. We also get to see something quite unusual from Granny, and what a tale it is. Oh yes, and Greebo, one of the best feline characters in fiction, is back. Fans of the series will eat this one up. Five stars overall, and a not-to-be missed.

For the longer review, please go here: