telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

A Nail Through the Heart: With Bonus Content - Timothy Hallinan A very dark, rather unsettling thriller set in Bangkok in the sex trade and just after the 2004 Tsunami. It's not for the sensitive, but if you can handle the darker themes, it's pretty good. There's ghosts of the Khmer Rouge regime, a street kid who is barely human, and a sinister woman, all mixed into the search for a missing European who has secrets of his own to hide. Not for everyone -- the sex trade hint above is not for titillation's sake -- and some of the elements made me want to go throw up. But the character of Poke Rafferty and his adoptive family are what made me stick with the book and finish it up. On the whole, four stars, and I intend to read more of the series in the future.

For the longer review, please go here: