telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

The Prince of Eden - Marilyn Harris A dark, deliciously Gothicky historical novel here, full of memorable characters and sinister secrets. Lots of family drama and quite a few surprises kept me on my toes, and wanting more when the book ended. One big surprise was the reintroduction of Jane Locke into the series, and finding her very sympathetic this time around. As to Edward and James, the two brothers in this story, I could have smacked them both at times. Plenty of set up for the next book in the series, and lots of little historical details. Lessee, some might feel squicky over some of the plot elements -- incest, opium, prostitution, illegitimacy -- nothing is taboo here! But the writing is great, come on in! Four stars overall and a happy recommendation.

For the longer review, please go here: