telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

From Splendor to Revolution: The Romanov Women, 1847--1928 - Julia P. Gelardi This one rolled in today on my doorstep and like I always seem to do with a Russian history book, I jumped right on it. Looks at the lives of four women of the Romanov dynasty -- Empress Marie Feodorovna (Dagmar of Denmark) and Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, who married Romanov men, and Queen Olga of Greece and Marie Alexandrovna, who married foreign princes. As there tends to be not very much written about Queen Olga, this should be interesting.

Ok, all done now. Very good, very interesting, terrific photos, if a touch too small on some, along with the usual ancillary stuff of genealogies, bibliography and the like. Four stars overall and a recommend.

For the longer review, please go here: