telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

Portrait Of A Killer: Jack The Ripper -- Case Closed (Berkley True Crime) - Patricia Cornwell I have to say, I know I am in the minority when I say that I find this argument for artist Walter Sickert to be the Ripper rather convincing. Not everyone is going to agree, and that's ok -- I feel that the truth behind the Ripper killings in 1888 London will remain a mystery for all time. There just isn't enough data out there on the killings to point the finger at one particular person.

All that said, what makes this book so interesting is how Cornwell draws out the pathology of a sociopath. Was Sickert the Ripper -- from what I see here, it's pretty evident that he was a profoundly disturbed person and bore a real hatred/fear/contempt of women. If you can handle it, go on and read the book. And then let me know what you think. In any case, it's well written and very carefully thought out.

For the complete review, please go here: