telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

Just getting started here.

Yep, I'm a refugee from you-know-where. Lord, is it too much to ask that there be a place where passionate readers like me can speak freely without the fear of censorship? I make no secret of what I like and why, and how I feel when some author gets fussy over what I write about their book.

Deal with it. If you fling someone out into the real world, not everyone is going to like it. Being in the creative business myself, I learnt long ago to suck it up and take it. Embrace the suck, as they say. If you're going to stay sane in the trade, you have to learn this. Once you do, it gets much easier, believe me. Considering that I pay good money for book, I feel that I have bought the right to complain if the book's a stinker. And being that the first amendment of freedom of speech is still in effect, I still have the right to say it.

On to happier things. This is what I live with when it comes to books. Yes I do need to winnow it down. I just need to figure it out.