telynor

Telynor's Library, and then some

A woman of a certain age who has three cats underfoot, and has the dream of filling her passport with stamps. Books, classical music, tea, cats, movies, art, fancy needlework,  and anything else I can think of.

11/22/63 - Stephen King Quite a tale Stephen King is spinning here, full of twists and turns and a few surprises. What if you could go back in time and stop the assassination of President Kennedy? For Jake Epping, a teacher in a quiet Maine town, that's the question, and when his friend Al comes to him with the proposition, Jake takes it. But Fate is a tricky creature and won't be denied. It's a fascinating, well-written look at America in the early 1960's, and whatever you do, don't skip to the author's note at the end -- it's worth it. I had always thought of King as a very successful hack, but this novel is serious, full of heart and one that kept surprising me. This was also nominated for the 2012 Hugo Awards for Best Novel, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it wins. Five stars overall and recommended.

For the longer review, please go here: